David O’Brien and Associates provides advice to individuals to assist them in choosing the right structure to suit their needs. This will include consultation to minimise their tax exposure and maximise their after tax income.
Services we provide include:
- Individual tax planning to minimise tax exposure
- Consultation to identify individual needs with regard to tax exposure
- Understanding differences between separate trading entities such as sole trader, partnership, trust and corporate entities
- Advice on tax deferral opportunities
- Discussions with regard to asset protection
- Estate planning and structuring
- Income splitting
- Personal services income
- Access to specific tax concessions
- Discretionary trusts
- CGT consequences
- Small business concessions
- Professionals and the protection of personal assets
- Self managed super funds
- Key issues for ‘tradies’ that operate through certain entities
These are just some of the issues that are discussed when we sit down with a client to determine the most favourable structure to operate their business through.
Many of these areas are better discussed before our client starts their first day of ‘business’ work so please contact us if you wish to discuss any of the above services we offer.
Unfortunately, many people don’t give enough thought into setting up an appropriate structure when first setting up a business, whether due to time, costs, or other priorities. Sometimes restructuring can provide a beneficial alternative so allow us also the opportunity to either reduce or eliminate the impact of any tax consequences when restructuring is necessary.